Monthly Archives: June 2012
Hey! I’ve missed blogging for a month or so, and I will now be sharing about what I saw recently, about Davao City’s taxicabs.
Davao is now home to the country’s friendliest taxi drivers, notable for returning their change up to the nearest cent. Taxicabs here are mostly using the white base color, but it was in late 2008 or 2009 that colored taxicabs were first used.
Maligaya Taxi, one of the largest taxi companies in Davao in fleet number, used yellow colored taxis to their fleet, making them uniquely colored. Followed suit are other company taxi operators (although some still have white as a base color and only differ in the color of the logo and/or art);
- Krizia Taxi (grey base color for newer models of Toyota Vios)
- Holiday Taxi (white base color, black and yellow checkered logo)
- Mabuhay Taxi (white base color, red scripted text); Mabuhay Black Taxi (black base color, yellow text, with green LED scrollers on top)
- Madayaw Taxi (violet base color)
- Blue Taxi (blue base color, obviously)
- City Orange Cab (orange base color)
- Ma-ro Taxi (white and green base color)
- STC Taxi (white base color, black and yellow prints)
There are actually other taxi brands not mentioned and mind you, it may catch your attention someday.
Photos: (these photos are available from the internet)